Poached Salmon with Cucumber Dill Sauce
- 1-1/2 quarts water.
- 1/2 cup white wine.
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 pound salmon fillet.
Bring water, vinegar, onion and pepper to a boil in a large saucepan. Slip in salmon and simmer 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Remove fish from saucepan with a slotted spatula. Chill if desired. Serve with cucumber dill sauce.
Cucumber Dill Sauce:
- 1 cucumber, peeled and shredded.
- 1 cup plain, low-fat yogurt.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1/8 teaspoon salt.
Mix together all ingredients and chill several hours before serving.